Weed and Pest Control Licensing

Persons receiving fees for performing work related to entomology, plant pathology, horticulture, tree surgery, weed control, consultant services and professional soil classification are required to be licensed to protect consumers from fraudulent practices. Individuals engaged in these professions must meet professional standards and pass an examination given by the Bureau on these standards before they obtain a license. Pesticide applicators must carry bond and/or insurance to guarantee performance of services.

Structural pest control operators are required to issue the official Mississippi Wood Destroying Insect Report when inspecting property for a real estate transaction. All insect damage, activity and conditions conducive to wood-destroying insects must be included in the report. Properties with structural pests must be treated in accordance with specifications issued by the Bureau. A contract for a minimum of one year must be issued for each property treated.

License Categories:

WDI Wood destroying insect control
UPL Control of pests of utility poles
GRC General pest and rodent control
MBF Mosquito and Biting Fly Control
HCP Horticultural pest control
ORP Orchard pest control
DAP Domestic animal pest control
FUM Fumigation pest control
AGP Agricultural pest control
AGW Agricultural weed control
AQW Aquatic weed control
ROW Right-of-way weed control
HCW Horticultural weed control

Forms, Laws & Regulations
» Laws
» Regulations