Below you will find a variety of useful links/ideas to educate students about agriculture, farming, and food.
- How did that get in my lunchbox? The story of Food By Chris Butterworth – Order book and teacher resources here: www.agfoundation.org/index.php?action=orders
- Seed Soil Sun: Earth’s Recipe for Food By Chris Peterson
Choose My Plate and Food Pyramid: Discuss healthy eating and describe what foods go in each section of the plate or pyramid.
- Coloring Sheet-Elementary age: have students color/draw in foods that represent each category
- Early-Elementary age:
www.myamericanfarm.com: Great resource for teachers that contain math games and students can play a variety of games to learn about farming, agriculture, and healthy eating.
Pre-K-2 Agriculture activities:
- My Itsy Bitsy Farm Book :www.kidzone.ws/kindergarten/learning-letters/ib-book-farm.htm
- Little Giraffes website: www.littlegiraffes.com/farm.html
- Kids Zone, On the Farm Theme Unit: www.kidzone.ws/thematic/farm/index.htm
All About Blueberries:
Spotlight a different fruit or vegetable in the school that is in season, post pictures, discuss about how and where it’s grown.
P.O. Box 1609
Jackson, MS 39215
MS Department of Education